Pages

2008/09/10

Overheard in New York - Best Weekly Quotes

The best Overheard in New York quotes from last week, by your votes:


...Without Sashimi

Woman: Honey, how about McDonald's? You want some chicken nuggets?
Toddler in a stroller: I'd rather die.

--JFK Airport

Overheard by: Darcie


And That Time It Led to an Accident!

Lady in car at full parking lot to man in car: Damnit, where we gonna park?
Man, getting his keys: Don't worry, I'm going to pull out.
Lady in car: Yeah, I've heard that before.

--W Broadway &Canal

Overheard by: Katers


How the Hennecino Was Born

Starbucks barista (giving out some samples): Hey, would you like to sample our frappuccino?
Man with a bottle in a brown paper bag: Pssh. Nah. That shit don't go good with Hennessy.
Starbucks barista: Oh, okay. Have a good day.
Man with a bottle in a brown paper bag: Wait, sorry. That was fucked up. Do you wanna sample my Hennessy?

--Delancy & Allen, Lower East Side

Overheard by: Genia


For Bonus Points, Answer the Question with Two Dicks in Your Mouth

Female lawyer: Did you see that video where that girl from South Carolina was asked why Americans can't read maps?
Male lawyer: Yeah, she was a teenage beauty contestant. I tell you, I've heard drunk girls with two dicks in their mouth make more sense than that bitch.
Female lawyer: Don't call her a bitch. She was probably just nervous.
Male lawyer: Excuse me, she's a beauty contestant. The only difference between a beauty contestant and an inflatable doll is where you blow into them.
Female lawyer: Excuse me, but I was in a few beauty contests when I was a teenager.
Male lawyer: Really? So tell me, why can't Americans read maps?

--Supreme Court, Jamaica

Overheard by: Big Larry


Then Go With My Blessing, Caped Crusader

Mother of four-year-old boy (looking at display case): Wait up for me, Jack. Don't go on the escalator without me.
Four-year-old boy: It's okay, I can do it.
Mother of four-year-old: No, Jack. Wait for me.
Four-year-old boy: It's okay, mom. I can go up by myself.
Mother of four-year-old: Jack. Don't go up without me.
Four-year-old boy: Mom. It's okay. I can do it. I'm wearing my lucky Batman underwear.

--Macy's


Click here to see the next 15 most popular quotes this week


These are our favorite votes, based on how Overheard readers voted - and you can vote too. Read more quotes here!

Let us know what you think (both lovemail and hatemail), and click here if you want to stop receiving these.
Team Overheard
overheardinnewyork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.