| from Jen Hubley As you read this, I am loafing around my neighbor's yard, eating delicious grilled things and wondering when it's officially time for beer and/or ice cream. (But never together. I'm not a total heathen.) | ![]() | In the Spotlight | The History of Memorial Day As I socialize and stuff my face, I try to remember that this holiday actually has, you know, a historical significance. Originally, it was supposed to honor the Union soldiers who died in the Civil War. The big question is, which town was the first to celebrate this holiday? | | Memorial Day in Washington, DC If you live in the DC area, you're unlikely to forget that today is an important historical holiday. For one thing, you won't be able to leave your house without tripping over a parade. | The Difference Between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day Memorial Day has now been expanded to honor all members of the military who died in the service of their country. It's not, in fact, the same as Veteran's Day. (And here's why.) | Sponsored Links | ![]() |  | | Today Ads Advertisement |  |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep a civil tongue.