Sponsor

2013/11/17

Indiana, Here's Something Cool from Charley :-)

Hi Indiana,

I know. You thought I fell off the earth. It has been busy,
but I have a new tune for you. It's a cover of Joyce
Cooling's song, Callie.

http://www.charleylanger.net/files/Callie.zip

Joyce Cooling is a self-taught guitarist from a musical
family. She started out playing straight-ahead jazz in small
clubs in New York and San Francisco. Finding her niche in
smooth jazz, her second album, Keeping It Cool, generated a
No. 1 radio hit, Callie, and earned Cooling the Best Jazz
Guitarist of the Year Gibson Guitar Award. The CD also
produced Top-10 single, Before Dawn, and a third charting
single, Coasting.

I enjoy playing Callie, and its upbeat dance groove makes it
a nice concert opener. I really don't deviate much from
Cooling's version, except to replace the guitar with
saxophone. While this recording started as another one of my
practice sessions, using my stage microphone, I decided to
add some wind synthesizer "overdubs." Usually my buddy, Kurt
Shiflet, takes the second solo spot on electric guitar when
we perform this live. However, since I was by myself, I
played the second solo spot on my Yamaha WX7 wind
synthesizer, which essentially plays like a saxophone, but
can sound pretty much like anything I want it to. Hope you
find it interesting!!

Thanks to Bobby Parrs, for the backing instrumentals. He
does great stuff and, if you're a musician, I highly
recommend his work.

I always enjoy hearing from you. If you have a moment, drop
me a note on Facebook or Twitter.

Hugs! :-)

Charley

Intelligent Smooth Jazz

PS - If you haven't purchased my album, Never the Same,
please consider doing so. Your support helps make it
possible for me to continue to play music for you, which is
what I love to do! It's available on ITunes and Amazon at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/never-same/id340746362

or

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Same-Charley-Langer/dp/B0031DS6HW/

PSS - Backing instrumentals by Bobby Parrs at:
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

-

 


 


6869 Copper Glen Cir, Rocklin CA 95678, USA
Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts