Sponsor

2016/07/28

Taking the stage at the DNC

The following sponsored email was sent to you by AlterNet on behalf of Tammy Duckworth for Senate: 




Dear Friend,

My name is Tammy Duckworth and I’m running for U.S. Senate in Illinois. Tonight, I’ll be taking the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia to tell my story.

I'm a member of Congress, a proud mom, and a combat Veteran. While piloting a helicopter over Iraq, a rocket-propelled grenade ripped through the cockpit. I was knocked down, and lost my two legs – but I survived.

The GOP platform opposes allowing women in combat. I have a question for the committee: where do you think I lost my legs - in a bar fight?

The contrast between the Republican and Democratic Party’s rhetoric and visions for the future has never been starker and the conventions have made that clear. Now is the time to ensure a Democratic Senate majority in 2016.

Add your name to stand with me on the path to turn the Senate blue before I speak at the Democratic convention tonight.

I’m running for the U.S. Senate to help families facing the same struggles that have affected mine. My opponent, Senator Mark Kirk, has proven again and again that middle-class Americans are not his priority.

I know how hard it can be. Iraq was not the first time in my life that I have been knocked down. When I was in high school, my father lost his job. My family moved out of our 3-bedroom house to live in a motel and began relying on food stamps to get by.

But that didn’t keep us down – we fought back and now here I am today, just one step away from serving you in the U.S. Senate. And you can help me get there.

Add your name so I know you stand with me as I take the stage tonight. Together we can turn the Senate blue.

I'll have more to say from the stage, but for now, thanks so much for taking action,

Tammy


 

 

 

 

Paid for and authorized by Tammy for Illinois

AlterNet | 1881 Harmon St. Berkeley CA 94703


You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts