Sponsor

2023/08/20

The Bost Bulletin

News from Rep. Bost

Image

The Bost Bulletin

Dear Friend:

The August district work period provides a great opportunity for traveling across our beautiful, 34-county district meeting with constituents. Last week was certainly a busy and productive one. I've provided an update on just some of the things I've been up to over the past week; but we'll kick it off with the announcement of a special guest I'll have joining me in district in a couple of days.


Welcoming House Agriculture Committee Chairman GT Thompson to Southern Illinois

I am excited to let you know I will be joined in district on Wednesday by House Agriculture Committee Chairman GT Thompson as we conduct a Southern Illinois agriculture tour. One of the most important aspects of my job as your representative in Congress is making sure your voice is heard in Washington; and there’s no better way to do that than bringing key decisionmakers here to Southern Illinois to hear directly from you. As part of our tour, we will be conducting an Agriculture Listening Session in Altamont on Wednesday morning, August 23rd. We have limited space, so if you're interested in attending, please RSVP by clicking here.


Hosting a Healthcare Roundtable in Pinckneyville

I hosted a healthcare roundtable at Pinckneyville Hospital to discuss the challenges and opportunities that come with providing healthcare in rural communities how the hospital has thrived thanks to these hardworking medical professionals. There are many hurdles to providing quality healthcare in rural communities, but this staff is meeting the needs of patients across Perry County.

Image


Meeting with Helia Healthcare in Benton

I visited Helia Healthcare in Benton to discuss senior care services in Franklin County and how we can ensure Franklin County seniors can access the support they need. It was great to meet with such committed and caring staff that help make sure the community is well taken care of.

Image


Touring the Marion VA Medical Center

It’s always a beneficial visit when I stop by the Marion VA Medical Center, which I did last week to tour facilities and continue the discussion of how Congress can best work to meet the needs of our veterans. I appreciated the constructive dialogue.

Image


Fighting Veterans Suicide

I held a meeting with Down the Leash Service Dogs to discuss ways we can work together to fight veteran suicide through service dog accessibility. It’s always great to meet with local organizations that share the mission of supporting our veterans, especially those desperately in need of mental health services. These heroes fought for us, and we can't let them down.

Image


Revisiting Veterans Airport in Marion

Last week I stopped by Veterans Airport in Marion to discuss their recent expansion, which includes new direct flights to Chicago. As a former pilot I know how important this is for our area and I’m excited to see our region opened up to new travelers.

Image


Hearing from the Next Generation of Southern Illinois Leaders

I visited two schools in the district last week, Shiloh Middle School and Okawville Grade School, where I had a fun time answering questions about my work in Congress. I also took the opportunity to encourage them in their studies and their interest in how government works. The more engaged they are now, the more informed they'll be when they are the ones affecting change 10 or 20 years from now.

Image


Discussing the Farm Bill with Local Farmers in Breese

I stopped by Main Street Pastures in Breese to speak with local farmers about priorities in the upcoming Farm Bill and my work on the House Agriculture Committee. The Farm Bill is a critical piece of legislation, passed only once every five years. It sets the federal government's agricultural priorities for the next half decade, and that has a big impact on rural communities like here in Southern Illinois.

Image


Meeting Constituents in All Three District Offices

I filled the remainder of my week sitting down with constituents and hearing from them about the issues they care about most. Throughout the week, I conducted meetings in all three of my regional offices: Murphysboro, Mascoutah, and Effingham. If you need help navigating an issue with the federal government or want to share your perspective on an issue we're dealing with in Washington, my staff and I are here to listen and help in any way we can.


To stay updated on the work I am doing, make sure you follow me on Facebook or Twitter. And if you would like to receive these email updates, make sure you sign up for my newsletter here

- Mike 

 

Image Image Image

 

Image

Unsubscribe

Please do not respond to this email. If you would like to share a comment or concern, please email listeningtoyou@mail.house.gov.

imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts