Sponsor

2008/09/23

[Parent Hacks] 1 new post in Parent Hacks


Hello, ignoble.experiment@arconati.us, and thank you for subscribing to Parent Hacks. Got a hack you'd like to share? Send it to hacks@parenthacks.com, along with your name and Web address (if you'd like us to link to you).


A dash of cinnamon helps the milk go down

Here's how Whitney (one of the Rookie Moms) makes milk more palatable for her non-milk-drinking daughter:

My 14-month old daughter does not like to drink milk. My pediatrician suggested offering chocolate milk and then to slowly reduce the amount of chocolate I add. Somehow, I just can't get comfortable giving my baby chocolate milk. (Plus then I have to keep it in the house and constantly negotiate about it with my preschooler.)

Recently I was making my almost-4-year old a special drink of foamed milk with a drop of vanilla extract and a shake of cinnamon in it, when it occurred to me to offer this to the baby as well. She drank some! Over the next few weeks I dropped the vanilla and simplified it to a shake of cinnamon in the cup before I pour in her milk. She's drinking more and more of it. No guarantees on toddler tastes of course, but warm cinnamon milk seems pretty hard to resist.

Also delicious: a pinch of cardamom.

Related: Bedtime sore throat soother: Warm milk and honey




On Parent Hacks at: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/parenthacks/~3/400720734/a-dash-of-cinna.html


More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Parent Hacks" or change subscription settings

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)