Sponsor

2009/03/02

About Busy Cooks: You Say Bechamel, I Say Veloute?

About.com    Busy Cooks
In the Spotlight | More Topics | Top Picks |
  from Linda Larsen
This revised and updated glossary contains many of the cooking and baking terms beginning cooks and bakers don't understand. Bookmark this page because it's going to be growing!

 
In the Spotlight
Busy Cooks Glossary
Cooking is a science. That means you have to understand the terms before you can interpret a recipe. This ever-growing collection of food definitions will help you navigate the language to make you a better cook and baker. Bookmark it so you can refer to it when you have questions. And if there's a term here you'd like defined, email me and I'll add it.

 
           More Topics
Everyday Menus: Garlic Crockpot Chicken Stew
You know there's nothing better than coming home to the warm and wonderful aroma of dinner cooking. Unless you have a maid or butler, that doesn't happen when you're a working person. Unless you have a crockpot! This delicious recipe is so good for you too - it's packed with barley and vegetables.

 
My Recipe Box
I've received an email or two asking where the recipes are on the site. Here they are! This recipe box has been arranged by category. You just keep clicking on the links that match the recipes you want until you get to the recipe names. All of the more than 2300 recipes on the site are in this one spot.

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Top Picks - Small Appliances  from your  Busy Cooks  Guide
Small appliances are the workhorses of the kitchen. Take advantage of technology, and put these appliances to work for you. From the bread machine to the pressure cooker, you will probably fall in love with a gadget, and it will change your life! Well, not really, but it will get you out of the kitchen faster. And that's the point.

1) Kitchenaid Mixers and Accessories
Kitchenaid is the brand I choose for mixers. I have a stand mixer that allowed me to make divinity for the first time in my life! It's sturdy and hardworking and I wouldn't be without it. You'll be astounded at the list of available accessories. Whether you choose stand mixers or hand mixers (I have both), Kitchenaid brands won't let you down.

2) KitchenAid Mini Food Processor
I rely on my mini food processor. The bowl capacity is large enough for all but the biggest jobs. And I love the easy cleanup. Make pesto, bread crumbs, appetizer spreads, and more with these tiny, efficient appliances.

3) Breadman Bread Machines
Bread machines were first introduced in the 1990s and have become a kitchen staple. I love my Breadman machine, with its delayed timer start. It makes an excellent loaf, and when I want to make rolls or a shaped coffeecake instead, I just let the bread make the dough, then shape it myself. It's better than buying frozen dough!

 
Best Moves in a Bad Economy
Save & Invest the Right Way
Find out how to beat a bear market, make smart choices, and keep your cool even when the economy is unpredictable.

Busy Cooks Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Busy Cooks newsletter as ignoble.experiment@ARCONATI.US. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=busycooks&e=ignoble.experiment@ARCONATI.US

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)