Sponsor

2009/05/04

[Parent Hacks] 2 new posts in Parent Hacks


Hello, ignoble.experiment@arconati.us, and thank you for subscribing to Parent Hacks. Got a hack you'd like to share? Send it to hacks@parenthacks.com, along with your name and Web address (if you'd like us to link to you).


Parent Hacks admin: Back in the saddle

Yes, indeed! The hacks return!

Thank you all for understanding and being so supportive of my sudden disappearance. So much has happened in the last three weeks that I can't even begin to write about it. I've been pondering:

  • the nature of learning and education
  • my own particular "style of being" as I move through the world (and the importance of honoring it)
  • the grace and wisdom of friends and family who have magically appeared as I've needed them

In many ways I feel like a different person. Sometimes life is like that; there are long gradual periods of incremental change, and then there are occasional seismic shifts. At times like that, all you can do is hang on, and then, once the shaking stops, orient yourself to the new landscape.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to write about here, but I will write something. The timeline will be long (I know better than to give myself a deadline), but there's so much to say.

In the meantime, there are things that require more pressing attention:

  • Sharing my experience at Procter & Gamble/Pampers
  • Responding to those of you who so generously offered help with the Parent Hacks day-to-day
  • Hacks!

So, I'll be on those. And as always, I'm grateful for you and for all you do for me and for this site.






On Parent Hacks at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/parenthacks/~3/qD8zp56aZJk/parent-hacks-admin-back-in-the-saddle.html


Toddler protein boost: Lunch meat "O's"

Brigita's tip for enticing her toddler's protein palate:

One of my tricks to get my toddler to eat more protein is to take a slice of deli meat (or, in my case, fake bologna), fold it into quarters, and then get the kid to take a bite out of the middle. When you open the slice back up, there's a hole in the middle. My toddler loves making her "Os!"

Hopefully this doesn't leave you with lots of half-eaten bologna which you then MUST eat because a large percentage of a parent's diet comes from kids' uneaten food. Am I right? I've eaten more macaroni and cheese in the last five years than in all of my childhood.

Related: Toddler-friendly tofu





On Parent Hacks at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/parenthacks/~3/3CB3tPx7eE8/toddler-protein-boost-lunch-meat-os.html


More Recent Articles




Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Parent Hacks" or change your subscription or subscribe

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)