Sponsor

2011/01/29

My Hard Drive Crashed...Now What? (Read Carl's Story)

Online Backup for FREE.| View with Images

To ensure delivery, please add TigerDirect@tigeronline.com to your contact list.
FREE* CA Online Backup
Plus! H&R Block Deluxe Tax Software FREE

Dear ignoble.experiment@arconati.us,

You may not believe this---but I've been in the computer business for almost three decades and I've NEVER had a hard drive crash and burn. Power supplies have failed, motherboards died---but never a hard drive crash.

Until last week.

laptop's hard drive stopped working and all the geniuses around here couldn't retrieve all of my data. Ouch. Really, it hurts.

I had a bunch of important stuff on there. Now most of it is gone. I did have a USB hard drive where I'd back up some of the data, but frankly I rarely connected the external hard drive.  Fact is, I didn't have a reliable backup. Sorry to say.

One of my techs asked why I wasn't using CA's Online Backup. He said it's what he uses for his personal stuff (he's our in-house independent filmmaker!). He says it's fast, secure---and easy enough for an old dog like me. Yes, he called me an "old dog!"

Anyways, he was right. CA Online Backup is wonderful. CA Online Backup provides easy-to-use, anytime-anywhere backup capabilities with just a couple of clicks. And it's far better than an external backup.

My external USB hard drive worked great, but it had many drawbacks:
  • I had to keep my laptop connected to it. Obviously, it's a laptop. That means I'm moving around and taking it with me wherever I go. It's a pain if not impossible to also drag a big hunky backup along. How can you back it up when you're going places?

  • Theft: Fortunately, I didn't have a break-in, but if someone breaks into your home and steals your laptop or PC, chances are they're stealing all your peripherals and backups as well.

  • Damage: Say you get a bad storm, fire, or natural disaster like a flood, earthquake, or hurricane.  You can lose your PC and all your backup data.

The much safer...and hassle free way to keep all your important documents backed up is with CA's Remote Online Backup. It backs up all your data safely and securely away from your home with multilayered encryption. If I were using CA before my hard drive crash, it would have been a piece of cake to retrieve all my data. In fact, here are some of the convenient things I enjoy ever since I started using CA Online Backup:

  • I take my new laptop everywhere I go. I don't have to worry about connecting it to a hard drive to backup the data. As long as I'm connected to the Internet, my data is automatically backed up.

  • I don't worry about lost or stolen data. In fact, if I inadvertently override a file, I can go to CA Online Backup's Web Dashboard and retrieve the prior version. This is a seriously awesome feature. We've all wanted to go back to a prior version of a file at one point or another. CA Online Backup does it for you.

  • The other thing I love is my Global File Access. I can create a file on my laptop...It's then backed up automatically by CA Online Backup...Then, I can retrieve it anywhere else: My phone, someone else's PC, at home, at the office.  All I need is Internet access and I can retrieve any version of any file via Online Backup...anytime...anywhere.

  • Finally...I love the FILE SHARING features: More and more, you can't email big files to friends, family, and coworkers. So, how do you share big files nowadays?  Well, with One Click File Sharing, you take the hassles out of sharing files. No email attachments.  No time consuming uploads.

I love this service so much that I immediately called CA and started the negotiating process. I said, "This service is amazing and I want all our customers to be able to use it..."

Not only do I want them to use it. I didn't want it to cost a lot to get this life-saving...career-saving service.

The calls began..."$99...$75...$50..."

"No. I want to offer it for FREE!" 

They thought I was crazy. Okay...Maybe I am just a little.  ...Crazy about getting great deals.  But, what's wrong with FREE?

Finally, they came back and said, "Carl, we can offer a mail in rebate to make this offer FREE after rebate."

"I'll take it, but throw in something extra, too!" I'll explain the extra part in just a moment...Keep reading.

So here's the deal:
If you sign up today, you can start enjoying the smoothest online backup you've ever seen for FREE after instant savings and mail-in rebate! Click here and take me up on this deal!

No, you're not having an out-of-body experience! I said it's FREE*! And I'm not even done yet!

We're throwing in a FREE* copy of H&R BLOCK's At Home Deluxe Tax Software, a $45 value, yours free* as part of this deal! Some two-fisted negotiation went into this deal, so grab it now, I only have a limited number of these great products that I can "give away!"

Okay, a few more bits on the CA Online Backup that I love so much! (And I'm not alone, CA is a world leader in security & data protection!)

You get FREE remote installation (sit back and relax...) and FREE phone support (don't worry). Full protection both online and on your local backup. And if you do have occasion to restore your system, you can actually do it to any PC! And of course, data that's backed up can be accessed from any PC or mobile device!

Keep in mind, we're still talking FREE* here...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This incredible bundle offer ends Monday, January 31st.  (Yeah, you don't have that much time to jump on this deal.)

So let me recap what you get:

(1) You get CA Online Backup One Year Subscription
($50 Value)
  • One – Click File Sharing
  • Fast Incremental Backups
  • Shared by unlimited PCs
  • Access Data from any PC or Mobile Device
  • Integrated Local Backup
  • FREE Installation and Phone Support

AND…You also get:

(2) H & R BLOCK At Home Deluxe Tax Software ($45 Value)

  • Federal & State Tax Preparation
  • Step by Step Tax Guidance
  • Double Checks for Errors
  • Easy for 1st Time Users
  • Mortgage Interest & Charitable Tax deduction maximizers
  • Sale of stocks, bonds and mutual funds
  • IRS Tax Audit support from a tax professional

So if you're keeping score at home and you added up a $95 value for FREE*, you're absolutely right.  But hurry, this deal is going to be history very soon.  Sign up for FREE* CA Online Backup with FREE* H&R Block at Home Tax Software TODAY!  Don't miss out on this incredible offer. It ends Monday, January 31st at midnight! 

It's FREE after rebate, but not for long.

Regards,
Carl Fiorentino
Carl Fiorentino
President
TigerDirect.com
800.800.8300

Sign up for RSS

*PRICE AFTER MAIL-IN REBATES. CLICK ITEM FOR DETAILS.
Prices valid thru 01/31/2010 11:59PM ET. Not responsible for typographical, technical, or descriptive errors of products herein.
Prices are subject to change. Items may be available online or by phone only--prices and availability in TigerDirect stores may be limited.

$44.99 Instant Rebate. Receive a FREE copy of HR Block At Home Deluxe with State preparation. This product is valued at $44.99, and is provided upon installation and registration of your CA Technologies software product. Free license and download is delivered via email upon registering your CA Technologies software purchase.

Note: Product Ships In Promotional Packaging

Call us at 800-800-8300
REFERENCE PRIORITY CODE:
WEM2571PH

PERMISSION SETTINGS:

Our records indicate we have your permission to send email to the following address:
ignoble.experiment@arconati.us

If you wish to UNSUBSCRIBE click here or go to:
http://www.TigerDirect.com/applications/email/emailmanager.asp



COUPONS:
Coupons cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Coupons are not applicable to prior orders. Coupons are subject to change without notice. Coupons are available online.


© 2011 TigerDirect, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TigerDirect and TigerDirect.com are registered trademarks of TigerDirect, Inc. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Some images used herein were obtained from Jupiterimages Corporation. ©2008 Jupiterimages Corporation. TigerDirect, Inc., 7795 West Flagler St., Suite 35, Miami, FL 33144.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)