Sponsor

2011/04/28

The shortcomings of Facebook "likes"

Click here

iMedia Connection: Connecting Marketing Community
  April 28, 2011 issueForward this newsletter  |   Subscribe  |   View online
 
join us on facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to RSS
The shortcomings of Facebook "likes"
By Amielle Lake
One of Facebook's most popular features offers no opportunity for further dialogue with consumers. Learn why you should not be relying on "likes" alone.
Can Google "win" at social?
By Dave Martin
Other than YouTube, every one of Google's social experiments has fallen flat. Here's what the search giant needs to focus on instead.
LATEST BLOG POSTS More posts
Pizza and the 2D Barcode Experience
By Roger Marquis
The other day, I went to a local pizzeria to grab a quick lunch of a regular slice and a Coke. When I sat down with the pizza and started to eat, I realized it was very hot so, as I sometimes do, I asked for a fork and knife. The person behind the...
Move Over Mustafa: Social Media Campaigns that Deserve Some Attention
By Elizabeth Sosnow
This January I conducted a study focusing on the relationship between PR and ad professionals working together in the social media arena. Respondents were members of Worldcom, the largest partnership of independent PR firms in the world, and the...
The WebTrends Identity Crisis
By Andrew Edwards
I have been serving web analytics customers for about nine years now. Most of that time I have also known WebTrends quite well--as an offering as well as a company. Disclosure: my company is a partner with WebTrends, as it is with some of the other...
The Similarities Between Toilet Paper, Technology & Data
By Steve Parker, Jr.
A friend of mine recently posted on his Facebook update: You can tell if a business really cares about its customers & employees by the quality of toilet paper they have in their bathroom. I saw his post and thought to myself, Yep, its true and...
 blogMore posts
Start-Up Watch COD: Wantlet helps consumers get recos and second opinions on what they want
By Jim Nichols
The importance of personal recommendations in motivating purchase is well documented. Harris Interactive conducted a survey in June 2010 that showed that for 71% of consumers, recommendations from...
Learn more about ad:tech »Register for the next event »
LATEST COMMENT
Thanks, Jim. I'm speaking on a panel at CET World today. This will make me look like I know what I'm talking about.

Adam...
Adam Kleinberg on:
The 10-minute guide to digital out-of-home
MOST READ ARTICLES
1.5 new online media-planning rules
2.Top social media platforms for businesses
3.5 ways Facebook is changing search marketing
4.The 10-minute guide to digital out-of-home
5.7 habits of highly effective tablet marketers
SUMMIT COVERAGEMore photos
Dominick Insana, Sr. Account Executive, MaxPoint Interactive
Frank Guzzardo, Chief Revenue Officer, C3 Metrics

See who else went...

 
Join us at these upcoming eventsFull calendar »  
iMoms Summit
May 1-4, 2011
Amelia Island, FL
Summit info
Agency Summit
May 21-25, 2011
Bonita Springs, FL
Summit info
Brand Summit
Jun 12-15, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Summit info
 
Advertisement
Click here
 
 
LATEST JOBSMore jobs
Sr Analyst, Paid Search Marketing
Associate Director (Site Analytics)
Strategist, OMD Latino
Intern, GE-OMD Summer Incubator Program
Account Executive
Post a job
 
People Connection. Not a member yet?
 Meet people, network, reconnect
 Join the industry's most popular networking
   platform
Featured member:
Carrie Coffee
Director, Sales, 4INFO
See full profile, photos and more!
Join today - it's free! Or sign in
here
 
We're always eager to hear what you have to say about our website and how to better serve you.
Give us your feedback!

The email address for your subscription is ignoble.experiment@arconati.us. To change your subscription preferences or unsubscribe, follow this link.
To ensure delivery of future communications, please add iMedia Connection to your address book.

If you want to contact iMedia, please do not reply to this message, but instead click here. You can also send us a letter at: 23382 Mill Creek Drive, Suite 130, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.

To advertise with iMediaConnection.com contact Mike Pubentz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)