Metropolis Volunteering Event Revitalize Peace Park Day: Saturday Date: June 18, 2011 Time: 10am - 1pm Location: Bissell and Strodtman Map: Peace Park We will meet on the corner of Bissel and Strodtman! (I'll arrive around 9:30am and will be in my bright red Metropolis T-shirt.) Project Description: Help with outdoor activities such as planting trees, flowers, ect. Additionally, help clean up debris in the park. Note: You will probably go home dirty, so please wear appropriate clothing. Also, don't forget gloves and sunscreen. I will have water available on site. Volunteers Needed: 30 (We literally have a lot of ground to cover) After we complete the Park I would like everyone to meet at Llywelyn's in Soulard for lunch. (not required, but it will be fun) Map: Llywelyn's Please RSVP to Josh Scherder: Joshscherder@gmail.com 573-673-8223 (This event is a "Day of Caring" that is partially facilitated by the United Way and Grace Hill) http://www.gracehill.org/ http://www.stl.unitedway.org/home.aspx I've had multiple requests for a volunteering event, so I hope to see you there! If you want to lead a volunteering project, let me know! Email your idea to president@mstl.org! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep a civil tongue.