Sponsor

2012/12/29

Iconic Religion Photos Of 2012

December 29, 2012
The most powerful religious moments in 2012 were captured in what have become iconic photos. This collection, selected by the HuffPost Religion editors contains images that break and warm our hearts.

We hope you looking through them evokes powerful, inspiring memories. Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

 Continue reading...
147 Meals Later

Scarier Than Westboro Baptist: Confronting Quiet Anti-Gay Rhetoric At Church

HuffPost Religion Names
Person Of Year

Advertisement
MARK ELLIOTT
Personal Reflections on Making 'Yangsi: Reincarnation is Just the Beginning'
When I started this film I had quite a lot of skepticism about the tulku reincarnation system. I did not see how all that is claimed was possible. And I still cannot claim to understand it. But in looking at the footage in my room afterwards, I thought to myself, "OK, we have a film here." Continue reading...
REV. DR. MARTHA R. JACOBS
If We Don't Love Our Neighbors, Then We Don't Love Ourselves
I don't usually comment on the negative comments that others make about what happens in our society. However, I am having a very hard time keeping my fingers from writing about the comments that have been made about God and what happened in Newtown, Conn. Continue reading...
S.R. HEWITT
New Year's Resolutions and Jewish Thought
As we prepare for the new calendar year, it is interesting to look at the Jewish nature of some of the most common New Year's Resolutions. Continue reading...
CHRIS STEDMAN
In Wake of Newtown Shooting, Why Blame Atheists?
I am concerned that some of these efforts have rendered people like me -- nonreligious Americans -- invisible. And sadly, the idea that godlessness inspires or allows for a tragedy of this nature isn't a new phenomenon. Continue reading...
JUDY BOLTON-FASMAN
'Help, Thanks, Wow' and Amen
Amen is a response to this lovely, messy life that yields moment after moment of wows -- moments that Abraham Joshua Heschel described as "radical amazement." Continue reading...


Received this from a friend? Sign up for alerts from The Huffington Post here
Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)