| | ||||||||||||||||||||
| ||||||||||||||||||||
| | | | ||||||||||||||||||
| | ||||||||||||||||||||
| | | Go To the Bank on This Stock
It is said that the best time to buy stocks is when everyone else is selling. That may be true for the stock market, but it is not necessarily the case for individual stocks. After all, buying a stock in a free fall is what is referred to in the business as catching a falling knife.
This is another reason why it is next to impossible to time or forecast a stock's bottom. Frankly, it is just too risky. Investors are always better off being smart, prudent and patient by waiting until the worst has passed and an inflection point has been reached. Granted, you will miss out on a big run initially. But just like in technology where the early adopters enjoy the initial spoils, it is the next phase that is usually the most profitable.
With that in mind, a stock locally written off for dead has indeed come back to life. It's risen 50% in the past month after reaching the aforementioned inflection point. Believe it or not, I am not referring to a technology or a biotech stock but a local bank in Baltimore - First Mariner Bancorp (OTCBB: FMAR - $2.60), a top-10 bank in the Baltimore area with $1.3 billion in total assets.
To read more click here >> or visit http://www.thestockjunction.com
Could This Company Transform Diabetes Treatment?
I confess I have never been a real big fan of medical devices stocks. However, I know many an analyst and hedge fund manager that covered or bought small medical devices stocks that soared and were eventually acquired for big premiums.
Frankly, I have always found it tough to find winners given the lower profitability associated with the space and the difficulties new entrants have getting sales and marketing traction. Still, I know that stocks that fall under the radar may be buys, especially if you can time it just right.
Today's profiled stock fits the bill exactly.
To read more click here >> or visit http://www.thestockjunction.com
| | | ||||||||||||||||
|
|
| |
|
| | | ||
| | ||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep a civil tongue.