Hi Indiana,
I haven't sent out one of my practice sessions for a while.
Please download I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
at the link below. Yes, this is the song by Irish rock band,
U2. Sort of... :-)
http://www.charleylanger.net/files/StillHaventFound.zip
The original tune is the second track from U2's 1987 album,
The Joshua Tree, and was released as the album's second
single in May of that year. The song was a hit, received two
nominations for the 30th Grammy Awards in 1988, and has
subsequently become one of the group's most well-known
songs.
My version is less anthemic than the original, and much more
groove-oriented. I really dig the bass line on it, and
there's not a guitar to be heard anywhere. LOL! That said,
my tone is a bit "edgier" (terrible U2 pun, I know!) due to
the way I was feeling that day, and also because I was using
my clip-on stage microphone so I could groove a bit and not
worry about where the microphone was. :-)
Thanks to Bobby Parrs, for the backing instrumentals. He
does great stuff and, if you're a musician, I highly
recommend his work.
I always enjoy hearing from you. Please tell me what you
think of the song if you have a few minutes. I'm pretty
reachable on facebook or twitter. Thanks for the opportunity
to share this with you!
Hugs! :-)
Charley
Intelligent Smooth Jazz
PS - If you haven't purchased my album, Never the Same,
please consider doing so. Your support helps make it
possible for me to continue to play music for you, which is
what I love to do! It's available on ITunes and Amazon at:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/never-same/id340746362
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A0NKHM/ref=mu_dm_alb_dp
PSS - Backing instrumentals by Bobby Parrs at
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com
-
-
| 6869 Copper Glen Cir, Rocklin CA 95678, USA Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep a civil tongue.