Sponsor

2015/11/25

My favorite Thanksgiving photos

WCS
 

Friend of Wildlife,

Someone (often my child) always groans when the phones emerge for a Thanksgiving family snapshot, but I treasure those photos. Each year's pictures are destined to become part of the album of images that remind me of what I'm most grateful for.

It's a collection that also includes the wildlife you and I are both working so hard to protect. And it's in that spirit that I'm sharing some of what I consider the best camera trap photos of wildlife from the past year.

I hope these arresting images give you a glimpse of not only some amazing and rare wildlife footage, but also a birds-eye view from the front lines of the conservation work you're helping make happen. These traps allow us to study wildlife in its natural environment and capture even the most elusive creatures, so we can learn more about how best to protect them.

You can check out all of our favorite 2015 camera trap photos on Facebook.

And it should go without saying that when I reflect on the people and wildlife for which I'm grateful, this community is certainly on that list. I love knowing that saving wildlife is not a lonely battle, but rather a movement, made up of hundreds of thousands of individuals with such deep passion that they happily dedicate their time, money, and heart to this fight.

Thanks for everything you do – and as you're capturing your own memories of friends and family and the bounty of the table, I hope you'll also enjoy looking at the above pictures and recalling the incredible richness of our world.

Happy holidays to you and yours!

Sincerely,

John F. Calvelli

John F. Calvelli
Executive Vice President for Public Affairs
Wildlife Conservation Society

Donate Now

 

©2015 Wildlife Conservation Society
2300 Southern Boulevard, Bronx, New York 10460
718-220-5100

TERMS OF USE PRIVACY POLICY CHILDREN'S PRIVACY POLICY UNSUBSCRIBE

Having problems viewing this message?
VIEW IN BROWSER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)