Sponsor

2016/12/09

We can't let Republicans "phase out" Medicare

Republicans plan to “phase out” Medicare in 2017.

House Republicans have been floating this plan for years, so it’s not exactly shocking. But now that extreme Republicans have complete control in Washington, they could very well succeed.

If we don’t step up to protect Medicare, we could see it turned into a voucher system as early as next year. Stand with me to protect Medicare. Sign the petition.

I know the value of Medicare. I’ve seen it firsthand.

I was raised by my grandparents. When I was sick as a child, it was my Nana and Grandpa that took care of me. So years later, when my Nana got sick, I became my Nana’s caregiver. It’s a hard job, but after all Nana did for me I considered it an honor.

I saw how medical bills can pile up for an elderly person like Nana. I also saw how important Medicare is in defraying those costs.

I’m not telling you this story because it’s unique. I’m telling you this because it isn’t. I hear similar stories from older people and caregivers all over Wisconsin. Medicare is a lifeline that helps them afford life-saving procedures, prescription drugs, hospital visits, and more.

Medicare helped my Nana -- just like it helps 1,050,020 in Wisconsin and millions more across the county. I will not stand by while Republicans dismantle it.

Sign the petition and show that you’re ready to fight for Medicare. Add your name.

Thank you.

Tammy

Paid for by Tammy Baldwin for Senate

This email was sent to ignoble.experiment@arconati.us
Click here to unsubscribe

http://www.tammybaldwin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a civil tongue.

Label Cloud

Technology (1464) News (793) Military (646) Microsoft (542) Business (487) Software (394) Developer (382) Music (360) Books (357) Audio (316) Government (308) Security (300) Love (262) Apple (242) Storage (236) Dungeons and Dragons (228) Funny (209) Google (194) Cooking (187) Yahoo (186) Mobile (179) Adobe (177) Wishlist (159) AMD (155) Education (151) Drugs (145) Astrology (139) Local (137) Art (134) Investing (127) Shopping (124) Hardware (120) Movies (119) Sports (109) Neatorama (94) Blogger (93) Christian (67) Mozilla (61) Dictionary (59) Science (59) Entertainment (50) Jewelry (50) Pharmacy (50) Weather (48) Video Games (44) Television (36) VoIP (25) meta (23) Holidays (14)

Popular Posts (Last 7 Days)