2 days left to get 50% off our "Jazz Practice Multiplier" Workshop!
Hey Indiana,
What makes a pro-level jazz player better than the average musician?
Is it natural talent level?
Amount of time spent practicing?
Having had great teachers?
Well, it's certainly possible that some of those play a factor into their success.
But, I'm here to tell you, there is another reason entirely.
And without this, honestly, they probably wouldn't be half as good.
But let me go back in time for a second to explain...
When I was just getting into college (music school) I was already an avid practicer.
And when I say that, I mean I was practicing 5-8 hours a day. Pretty crazy, right?
My entire belief was that if I practice long enough, and hard enough I would finally play jazz solos that I was proud of - solos that would 'wow' my fellow musicians.
And to a degree, practicing a lot did help.
It helped my technical ability on my instrument, and it helped me learn more songs than I would have otherwise.
But to my dismay, I wasn't really improving as fast as I would like.
I would hear some of my college buddies playing better than I was, and they didn't even practice as much as I did.
Then one day when I was taking a private lesson from a teacher, he said something really profound to me.
"Pro jazz musicians are so good because they spend just as much time honing their practicing as they do their actual playing."
In other words, they had mastered the art of making their practice sessions not only incredibly efficient, but personalized to help them improve as much as possible.
That's when I realized that I was going about things slightly wrong.
I thought the amount of time I spent practicing was most important, when in reality my practice engine wasn't working very efficiently.
It's like trying to bike the Tour de France but not having a very good bike to ride on.
So from that day forward, I made it my mission to understand how to practice like a pro and get the most results I possibly could from my practice sessions.
And guess what?
I started improving faster, and I started enjoying playing music even more.
And the more I observed some of the best players, the more I realized that figuring out how to practice like a pro was just as important as learning a new jazz solo, lick, or song.
That's why we created our "Jazz Practice Multiplier" Workshop.
We wanted to reveal everything we've learned about practicing jazz, and how to shortcut your success.
For the next 2 days only I'm offering 50% off this workshop.
Click the button below to see what it's all about and start practicing like a pro.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep a civil tongue.